What are some of the most important and interesting facts you should know about a security camera system?
When it comes to protection, few people would argue that they have no need for it. And bigger companies have surveillance systems that somewhat reduce the threat of getting something stolen. And while it does protect from uninvited guests, there are quite a lot of interesting facts that people might not know. In fact, a security camera system might not seem like something special, but when you look at the history of it all, some things are definitely worth pointing out. So without further ado, here are some of the most interesting facts about our beloved watcher and protector:
• While it might not seem feasible, these cameras have been around since early 1940s. No surprise there, as everyone knows what period of history we are talking about. But when it comes to a mass production, you have to look back as far as 1960s.
• You might be wondering what was the use for the first camera. Well, like with many other inventions, it was introduced with something that is not something we associate the device nowadays. German engineers put one on a V2 rocket to film the launch of it.
• Walter Bruch is known as the person who designed the camera and put it to use. He was German, and he was an engineer.
• After twenty years has passed from the first introduction, the city of New York installed some security cameras in a business area. It was to prevent crime.
• It should not be a surprise that banks, as a whole industry, started to use security cameras everywhere. After all, money is important, and you need to ensure the safety of it by all means available.
• The first IP camera saw the light of the world in 1996. Axis Communications were the company responsible for this invention.
• While both the United Kingdom and the United States use surveillance cameras, the countries differ. How, you might ask?
• The United Kingdom has about four million cameras in total, which is roughly about twenty percent of all the cameras we have in the world.
• On average, one camera is for every 11 people. That’s in the United Kingdom, of course. Quite a number, if you ask us!
• But overall, less than ten percent of all consumers have a security camera with them.
• And according to statistics, almost seventy persons of burglaries were prevented once the camera was installed.
• But when it comes to solving crimes, roughly three percent are solved thanks to the camera. One thing to note, though, is that solving and prevention are two different things.
All in all, a security camera system is quite a fascinating object if you are interested in that kind of thing. Even though it might not seem like a big deal to some, it is still an excellent invention with a lot of value to provide.