How to Solve Error Message: “Could not connect to QuickBooks
QuickBooks is most used accounting software; due to its reliability we store all type of business information, costumer information. Even though it is reliable but some time it behaves in improper manner and when you are performing some work it gives some error which leads to close QuickBooks or abort that activity.
In one case you are attempt to run lient-ready Payroll report or select Summarize Payroll Data in Excel, QuickBooks displays few errors which are mentioned below..
Unable to connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that QuickBooks is running and that the company file is open.
Could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that your QuickBooks is running and the company file is open.
Could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure QuickBooks is running.
Cause: There are basically two reasons for above message
- It may be possible that you are using incompatible version of MS office.
- QuickBooks installation file get corrupt.
Solution: Intuit offer method for solving above problems. You may need to use any of them or all to fix it.
Solution 1: Re-register files using reboot.bat
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Search for the file bat.
- When you find the file, double-click it.
- A DOS window will open and after several moments will close. Please do not attempt to close this window manually.
- Restart your computer, and then restart QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Repair your QuickBooks (For Windows XP)
- Click the Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select QuickBooks, and then click Change/Remove.
- In the QuickBooks Installation window, click next, select the Repair radio button, click Next, click Repair.
- Click Finish. Your installation of QuickBooks should now be repaired
Solution 3: Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks
Uninstall QuickBooks by Add or Remove Programs section of windows and re-install it.
By applying above methods you are able to fix these error codes but in any case these errors persist then go with third party QuickBooks repair software.